onlywords

Words of a Bibliophile

"It's only words, and words are all I have, to take your heart away." —Bee Gees

Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman Another Gaiman book for younger readers after [b:Coraline|17061|Coraline|Neil Gaiman|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41rAKdi8NjL._SL75_.jpg|2834844]. It tells the story of young Nobody Owens (a play on the phrase 'nobody owns'), or Bod, whose family was killed and who ended up being raised by ghosts in a graveyard. Each chapter describes Bod's different adventures as he grows older. He is content with living under the protection of ghosts and his guardian, Silas, who roams the world between the dead and the living. But sooner or later Bod has to face up with his family's killer, who is still after him.

Overall I liked the book. Not an amazing read or anything, but there weren't too many things I disliked about it either. I think I might have loved this if I read it as a kid. The books leaves a somewhat open ending which creates possibilities for a sequel. As usual I liked Gaiman's sense of humor, mixed with his trademark elements of horror and the supernatural.