Thanks to this manga, I:
- was introduced to historical fiction and the amazing Riyoko Ikeda. For an even more fantastic saga, read her other work "Orpheus no Mado" or The Window of Orpheus.
- learned how to draw big curly blonde hairs and big flowing dresses. It's an important skill, you know.
- knew about Marie Antoinette, Louis XVI, Voltaire, Rosseau, and the famous 'liberte, egalite, fraternite' motto even before my history lesson at school covered French revolution.
- learned that not all characters in a story are black and white. The portrayal of Marie Antoinette in this series is a good example.
- learned that chicks who kick ass can also feel weak at times and have the desire to be loved, too.
I'm sure I'll think of some more later on.